Active Directory web-based password reset software
Tired of having domain administrators resetting user’s passwords? Reduce costs and lighten the load of domain admins by delegating this duty to level 1 helpdesk personnel, department managers, or group/team members.
This software is for use in corporate environments. It will Not reset the password for your home computer, hotmail account, etc.
Click here to see Screenshots of the application.
Click here to see Installation instructions and Help for the application.
Current Version 1.5
Click here to Download 30 day trial This is a fully functional 30 day trial. When you purchase a license, you will receive a unique serial number that will remove the time limit.
This is a web based password reset utility for helpdesk personnel, department managers, or group/team to reset user domain passwords and unlock accounts. The application provides a quick and easy way to reset user’s domain passwords. It also provides a way for Domain Administrators to delegate password management to the help desk, department managers, or groups/teams.
There is a single web page that users can use to change their own domain password. They enter their username, current password, and new password. This is great for users that rarely log into a computer themselves because they only use their username to access Outlook Web Access(OWA) or VPN.
This is NOT a self service password reset utility. Through our own experience as domain administrators, we have realized that self service reset systems don’t work with all types of users. Self service reset systems involve some sort of user enrollment process in which users must answer questions to give them access to reset their password. It can be very difficult to get users to take the time to do the enrollment process.
How it works:
- The administrator installs the program and web interface on any domain computer with IIS(Internet Information Services web server).
- The administrator selects which users or groups can reset passwords for specific users/groups/OUs.
- The helpdesk person would log into a web page with their domain user account.
- They can enter a portion of the user’s username, first name, or last name. Wildcard searches are allowed.
- A list of matching domain user accounts they have access to change will be displayed. The helpdesk user will click on the user from the list.
- It will take them to a page were they can do a password reset(without knowing the user’s current password) and/or unlock the account.
- There is another web page for standard users to change their own domain password. The user would enter their username, current password and a new password.
- Web-based – does not require installation on help desk or manager computers.
- Delegation – domain administrators can delegate password resets to non-domain admins such as helpdesk personnel, department managers, group/team. Delegation is done by User, group, or OU.
- A page for helpdesk personnel, department managers, group/team to do an administrative password reset for users.
- Easy way for end users to change their own domain password. A single web page that users can enter their username, current password, and new password.
- End users do not need to perform an enrollment process or give answers to personal questions.
- A log is kept of all password resets made through the utility. This log is viewable by domain admins for tracking and security monitoring purposes.
- Active Directory Password Reset
- No changes to the Active Directory or Active Directory Schema are needed for the software to work.
- Improve user productivity and reduce domain admins and upper level helpdesk work load by delegating password management.
- You do not need the tedious user Enrollment process.
- The program only needs to be installed on one computer.
- Delegate password management from domain admins to helpdesk personnel, department managers, or groups/teams.
- Improves security by not needing to give administrator privileges in order for helpdesk personnel, department managers, or groups/teams the ability to reset user passwords.
- Affordable flat rate price $250.00, no confusing pricing schemes, no expensive maintenance contracts.
Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, or 2012 Active Directory Domain
One domain computer with IIS 5, 6, or 7, Clustered servers not supported
Internet Explorer 6 and above, Firefox, or Crome
Note on our pricing:
We believe in providing high quality and beneficial products at a price that is affordable to all companies. We don’t like buying network administrative software for our own use that is licensed on a per user basis and we don’t believe you should have to either. This is especially true when the software is exactly the same whether there are 10 users or 10,000 users. In this time of economic downturn, we understand there is an even greater need for companies to find and implement cost effective solutions. We want to provide software that fits that need.
$250.00 per computer it is installed on. It only needs to be installed on one computer per domain. Currently you can't manage more than one domain per installation. You will need to install Practical Password Reset separately for each domain and purchase a license for each domain. Licenses can be purchased by credit card or purchase order. POs can be sent to
or faxed to 208-379-1292208-379-1292
Updates are free for licensed users. Updates are defined as changes in the minor version number of the product. For example, v1.1 is an update from v1.0. Major releases are upgrades and are not free.
support for licensed users of the current major release.